Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Some Like It How?

I'm not a close follower of entertainment news, but I hear Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law do a bit of crossdressing in the new Sherlock Holmes movie, coming out soon.

I also heard the pair will be starring in a remake of Some Like It Hot, but they're having trouble finding the right actress to play Sugar.

Hollywood rumours?  Facts?  I dunno.  I'm just the messenger.  And I'm still not sure how I feel about comic drag.  I've been trying to figure it out for about a year, so I could write something.



3 comments:

  1. Another tough Meg question.
    For the most part I am not offended by 'comic drag'. I like almost any sort of crossdressing. At a bare minimum I can envy the transformation of a drab guy into a version of a presentable woman.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you perchance see: To Wong Fu?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand "comic drag" in entertainment... too often it is a cheap attempt at humour and a "dog-whistle" for homophobes. I only appreciate it when done so out of respect and/or humanises those who cross-dress in real life.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!