Sunday, December 18, 2011

Music!

No cartoons today, but I want to mention a couple of sites I've been enjoying.  And they're as "t" as you want them to be.

AllSongsBy.com lets you name an artist and it will create a playlist for that artist.  They seem to have a lot of songs, mostly live performances, and they have video along with the song!  I was pleasantly surprised and then disappointed with my first attempt to "stump the site."  I asked for Spike Jones and the first thing was a video of the City Slickers playing Cocktails for Two!  It's fun and if you know Spike Jones it's worth doing.  If you don't, it'll be fun ~ do it anyway!  For those who think they never heard of Spike, well, I bet you know "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth."  But the rest of the songs were just accompanied by a still of a record cover.

The other is Grooveshark.com.  Grooveshark is an iPod on your computer.  Search for a song and it'll give you a list of songs, or similar songs, and you can pick one (or all) and add them to your current songs or to a playlist.  Pretty cool.

And if you want to just know about songs try allmusic.com.  They have details about songs, artists, discographies and more.  It's my go-to place for music information.

You've probably played with pandora.com.  Pandora's cool because it will give you similar songs, but if you know what you want, or if you just want to see what an artist you know has done, AllSongsBy is the place to be.  And if you just want to hear That One Song (I'm listening to A Quick One while I'm typing today) Grooveshark is, um, groovy.  And yes, I'm old.

And if you want to pull up the New York Dolls or Walk On The Wild Side or Lola or Arnold Layne or The Go-Gos to enjoy some "t" or girl sounds....


2 comments:

  1. OMG! Ripple must come up first everytime for the GD!!! Thanks for sharing these music sites! I need to use music even more for me now :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg :)
    I've been loving the Shazam function on the iphone to find song names! Much better than the old days, waiting for WHFS breaks to write them down 30 minutes later! Sara

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!