Monday, August 23, 2010

That Toddlin' Town

I'm in O'Hare, on my way to El Paso. This morning, I couldn't put any weight on my left leg. Now, after a two-hour-or-so flight to Chicago, I can't bend the knee at all. I can't wait to see what the next three-hour leg does to mine.

I occupied my time imagining how the trip would be different if Meg flew. But I do that in a lot of situations. :)

Maybe it's the time of day, but it seems the women in Chicago are dressed nicer than in Washington. Meg would fit in comfortably here, but stand out at her home airport.

I see a LOT of people here trying to leave Chicago. Since all I'll see is the airport, I don't know what they're trying to escape. Maybe I should start interviewing evacuees. :)

Temperatures just over 100 are expected in El Paso. I packed light and airy clothes for Meg. Not so much for my maleself, so maybe I should change, just as an accommodation to comfort.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the leg. Lets hope that it does not hurt during the trip. Getting old sucks but it beats the alternative.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Sorry about the leg, Meg. Um...I didn't mean for that to rhyme.

    Try to stay off of it as much as you can. We'll keep you (and your leg) in our thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!