Friday, August 6, 2010

Part Eleven ~ Just Having Fun

On Wednesday, I went out to dinner (as my usually drab self). On the way back, I saw the woman at the desk who had chatted with Meg as she arrived Monday evening. I had my key, but I told her I left it in my room and could she please make a new key for 214.

There was no surprised look or giggle or stare. If she remembered me from two days earlier, she didn't betray it. The elevator is near the desk; I waited for a minute or two to hear if she would say something to the other person at the desk. I heard nothing.

The only possible explanation is, she thought I was sharing 214 with the woman who came in Monday. Well, maybe not the only possible explanation, but it's my favourite and I'm sticking with it. My second favourite only possible explanation is, she didn't think there was anything unusual about the woman who checked in and didn't give it a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!