Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Productive Morning

My shortened Tuesday morning was well spent.

I learned that my new pumps need a little pad in the heel to help them fit better, and my new open-toed heels are worthless.  The sole is way too rigid and they jump off with every step.  I need to figure out if there's a way to cure this.

I put together three or five outfits that I will take on my trip.  I have a multi-colour print top and a black-and-white print top and two different black skirts, so I can mix and make up to four outfits.  I also have a dress I will bring.  I'm not sure what I'll wear on the trip down.  I also tried on a recently-purchased dress and I think it's more "evening out" material.  And I do want to get out for an evening with the gurls.  The local group is out just about every week, and I haven't joined them once.

I also did a bit of organising for Richmond.  I have a bag with nighties, undies, wig, purse for the trip.  I have another bag with too much makeup and too much jewelry which I need to sort through so I can bring just what I need and have the necessary for my quick change.  I also pulled out some nail polish remover, which I'll need if I get a manicure on the way.  I still need to decide on a pair (or two) of shoes.  Yes, I'll make a list of everything I need.  It's what I do.

So I figure I did about 90 percent of what I hoped to do.  Now I just have to do the other 90 percent. :)

I also have to figure out when to get my hair cut and eyebrows and neck waxed ~ it's my new pre-trip ritual.  And I better get that other extraneous hair taken care of.  (Actually, I look more like the barber than the customer in that cartoon.)

Finally, all is going well with my wife.  No complications, although they did change a couple of spark plugs and put up new wallpaper while they were in there.  They used some medical terms, but I think that's what they did. With luck, she'll be home by the weekend.



2 comments:

  1. I am glad that the procedure with your wife went off smoothly and I hope that she gets home soon and has a quick and uneventful recovery.

    One of the benefits of a 'drive to' business trip is the ability to overpack. I have several complete packages stashed around the house. Each small gym bag will have underwear, shoes, a wig, a dress and/or skirt and top, and a small purse with makeup. Several years ago I stumbled across a mail order company known as 'Cosmetique' where I got some basic makeup in a small bag/purse. I think that this company had a connection with Silkies.com where I purchased much of my hosiery. It served the purpose of having something that was compact and ready to go.

    Keep up the planning.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well with your wife. I'm intrigued by your description of the problem with the open-toed pumps--I can't recall ever having a similar problem.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!