Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tiny Break

A few days ago, I mentioned hanging out on a discussion group.  I joined because they had a crossdressing thread and I was honest about why I was interested and offered my point of view.

Since then, a few times someone has commented on my "hobby" ~ in a nice or funny way.  Mostly people ignore it.  But when I talk to someone I don't remember if they were on the original thread and I don't volunteer what I've already volunteered.  No-one's said "what do you mean by that?" when a gender identity comment has been tossed out.

Meanwhile, I'm doing what I've always done when on the interwebs.  I don't refer to myself as male or female; I don't give clues as to gender at all.  It doesn't feel quite right here because I'm using what's clearly a women's name.  In the past, it's always been an ambiguous name (usually, my own).  I also put up a Meg pic as an avatar.  Again, I originally did identify myself as a crossdresser.  The information is out there.

I've been commenting on tech stuff and I've found myself going head-to-head with another techie who used to work for the same company I did.  Although personal information is not allowed, he said that he could post his e-mail and invited me to write.  I did.

Now, I'm not sure if he knows or not.

My plan is to be myself.  Whatever or whoever that may be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!