Sunday, January 9, 2011

Poor Judgement, I Know

Today, my friend Kim is hosting another clothing swap.  Over 200 people (if not all women, then pretty darn close) RSVPd.  I told her I could drop by early to help and I have a large bag of clothes to drop off too.

I'll be in drab.

I don't know if anyone I know will be there.  It's certainly possible.  I'll probably see people who've met Meg at previous swaps.  I don't know if they'll make the connection.  I liked the people I've met previously; if I see them (and the hard part for me ~ recognise them) it'll be hard to not say hi.  I should not say hi.

I'll be there an hour before it starts, to help set up.  I haven't decided if I'll stick around to look for clothes.  I'd like to.

Changing before/after isn't an option this time.  I have a customer at noon, swap at 1, customer at 3.  I arranged the late customer so I have the option of looking at clothes if I decide to.

It's a bad idea, I know.  I sometimes wonder why I do it.  Maybe I'm ready to be out and getting caught is my passive-aggressive way of doing it.

I'll write more tomorrow, but I suspect it'll be a non-event.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes our impulses tell us a deep truth about ourselves. Sometimes, it really is just being reckless.

    Wanting to get caught? I deeply wish to stop hiding like I am some sort of criminal, but I realize there is much more to being stealthy than hiding a crime. As you suggest, we need to exercise good judgment, but it is hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg
    All the advice that I received prior to coming out to my wife was the same, don't let it happen by accident; either tell her or don't tell. I believe that this was very good advice.

    I am certainly not going to tell anyone whether they should come out to their wife, friends or the whole world, that is up to every individual. However, I am happy to pass on what was really good advice given to me by several girls and say - don't let any kind of coming out happen by accident.

    Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!