Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little Bit of (Cami)sole

The sleeveless type of men's undershirt can be replaced by a camisole.

There are two types camisoles.  One has a high neck, one has a low neck.

The higher necks are great to cover up a lack of cleavage and whatever padding is used to produce a little bit of upper-body shape.  Something like the picture to the right would kind of kill the illusion.  I have several of these high-neck camis, and I often keep them on the same hanger as certain tops or dresses or suits I think they work well with.  I especially try to keep a cami with a top if it's necessary ~ if I can't possibly wear that top without something underneath.

The lower necks are great to wear under my drab shirts.  If one extra button pops open, there's little chance that a bit of lace or bright colour will show.  I have several of these too.  Some are in colours and I'll keep a blue one with a blue shirt, or a pink one with a pink shirt.

Some necks sort of fit in between.  They might be low enough that you can wear them under drab clothes, yet still be high enough to wear under a blouse.  I have several of these as well.

OK, let's forget all of that for now.



There are two types of camisoles.  One is long and one is short.

The longer ones can be tucked into pants when in drab.  This might be a problem under (male) shirts that are not tucked in.  Short ones might be a problem when dressed, and under, say, a suit.  Opening buttons might reveal some tummy that may not be exactly your most feminine feature.  Mine sure isn't.

I'm going to start again.



There are two types of camisoles.  One is plain and one is fancy.

Under men's clothing, plain is best.  Some of the lace around the neck might show as texture under a man's shirt.

Under women's clothing, there is no rule.  Maybe you'd avoid the one with eyelets if they'll show, or ones that are clearly meant to be worn as under-, not as outer-wear.

Now that I think about it, I have it wrong.

There are two types of camisoles.  One is underwear (camisole), one is not (tank top).

I don't think there's a clear line between the two.  It's kind of an I'll-know-it-when-I-see-it thing.

More tomorrow.  I think this will become "camisole week."



1 comment:

  1. There are two types of posts I like to read about wearing camisoles - those about wearing them under drab clothing discreetly, and those about wearing them period. Then again, there are 10 types of people in the world - those who know binary, and those who don't. Old joke, der.. sorry.. great post tho.. looking forward to reading more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!