Friday, January 30, 2015

Also at the Mall

While I was in the mall for my pre-wedding shedding, I decided to see if there were any Pandora charms I might like for our community bracelet (it's Charity's but I wear it too).  I wore it that day so I could see how new charms would look with the current ones and to ensure I didn't duplicate one that was already there.

I saw one I really liked, since it had the same elements as the ring we got as wedding rings at the Renaissance Fair (swans, crown, heart) and I waited for a sales lady.

When the saleslady arrived, I showed her my ring and we chatted about the symbolism.  I asked her about other charms I saw in their catalogue but didn't see in the shop.  Hint: the catalogue has retired items that are available on-line but not in the store.

The saleslady had a necklace that had some Hebrew letters on it.  Hebrew only has consonants; vowels are marks below the letters and are usually omitted.  Before really looking at it I said "is that your name," and I sounded it out.  It was clearly her name and I said "well obviously I should have read it before asking."

She was surprised that I had a Celtic ring and could read her name.

I also showed her my necklace, which was under my shirt but clearly a women's style.

But, like the haircut lady, no reason to mention my dressing arose so it remained unmentioned.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Meg,

    I am so addicted reading your blog. Congratulations! I wish you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!