Friday, January 23, 2015

About the Substitute Dress

As I said yesterday, I had plenty of choices for "second place" on the ModCloth site.
The new dress is called "Tough Entre'acte To Follow Dress in Ivory."  The dress is pictured to the
Looks better on her. :(
right but follow the link above to see the best pictures.

At the site, you can zoom in and see the bow detail, the lace sleeves and the lace bodice.  You can see the very long back zipper that blends into the dress beautifually.

What you can't see is what's under the dress.  NOT THAT!  I mean the dress details.

It's lined, a soft lining in the same colour as the dress.  It has an underskirt over that with two layers of tulle.

The zipper, of course, has a small hook-and-eye at the top.  But it also has a thread with a snap on the end which attaches to the snap bit sewn into the shoulder.  Snap the thread around the hanger to keep the dress on the hanger.  Yes, I've seen it before but it's such a nice little touch.

It's also absolutely feminine ~ if I were to ask a civilian to pick one bit to wear as an accent on his clothes, he'd be flummoxed.

I can't say enough good things about it.

The only bad thing: I can't wear it to most places (although I did wear it at the wedding brunch and didn't feel self-conscious at all ~ but I was still flying high from the main event).

Here's how they describe it on the site:
  • Shell: 97% Cotton, 3% Spandex. Contrast: 72% Nylon, 28% Rayon. Lining: 100% Polyester.
  • Fabric does not provide stretch.
  • Machine wash.
  • Fully lined except sleeves. Sheer sleeves. Back zipper closure. Tulle underskirt.
  • Imported
On top of everything else, it's machine washable!



3 comments:

  1. Meg:

    Love both dresses.

    I've always understood the little snaps on braided thread at the shoulders to be for holding bra (and slip -- wear 'em if you've got 'em) straps in place and out of sight when the dress has a scoop neck. Never seen them on a dress without a wide, shoulder bearing neckline. They're a bear to use, but seem to work well.

    But I may be wrong.

    The Modcloth site is great! I love the young styles and variety of sizes - some even that would fit my larger frame. Prices seem reasonable, too.

    Your fashion sense is great.

    Best,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charity's is. I'm not sure what I would have worn if she said "pick what you like best." I'd probably still be looking. :)

      Delete
    2. Understood. I have a fashion police / advisor of my own. Has saved me from looking like a hooker when all I wanted to do was go to the grocery and car wash w/o standing out. Also, when I attempt to pack for a trip, it takes me forever to choose. Sigh.

      R

      Delete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!