Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just... Kidding?

 I said goodbye to J.  She was really the first person I met at the company and I wanted to come full circle.  I mentioned I won't be repeating my Halloween costume and she said "and I missed that!"  I said "but you saw the pictures..." and she said she hadn't.  I told her I'd see if I could find them.

Not surprisingly, I did, and sent her an e-mail with a couple.  I told her "if I couldn't find them, I would have sent some pictures from my other trips out."  She ignored that, but wrote back that she hates it when "guys look better in dresses than I do" (in this case, it is true.  Sorry J).  I just wrote back that I had lots of practice.  She ignored that too.

When you have a reputation as a joker, no-one knows when to take you seriously.  I also saw her Thursday and said "cute, huh?"  She gave me a big wide-eyed smile and a big nod and said "you looked fantastic."  I repeated my "I practice a lot" line and she laughed and I left.

I also spoke to L, and she mentioned my Halloween "costume" there and asked what I did last year.  I reminded her of the rally and sent her a picture.  She said she would never have known it was me if I hadn't told her.  I used the "lots of practice" line again, and again it got a laugh.

Finally F said "Halloween won't be the same without you."  I suggested I might put on a dress and crash the big user conference next month.  She said something about my wearing "the dress" and I said "the dress?  The big problem will be deciding which one to wear!"

No-one took my "practice" line seriously, or my reference to more dresses, or anything else.  I did wear all girl clothes on my last day, but I wasn't dressed as a girl.  Girl jeans, polo, socks, sneaks, and panties along with my bracelet and necklace.

I also showed S (who knows) my pictures from Dallas ~ don't worry.  They'll be coming here soon.  I did tell her about my flying pretty and she had a lot of questions, mostly about my going through security.  I told her I had a couple of people tell me I had the "wrong identification" and about the fun I had with the security lady, wanding me.  She's in charge of the user conference, and if she can sneak me credentials, I'll see if I can sneak in.  It's probably a bad idea to go as Meg.  Some of the people I helped will be there, and it would reflect poorly on the company.  I meant to mention to S that all of my clothes were girl, but she was rushed and I forgot.

I know.  I said "next up, the second jewelry store" but this and the blogger outage kind of interrupted.



2 comments:

  1. Every end leads to a new beginning.

    It's difficult to say goodbye. I never really think of them as goodbyes, though. More like temporary hiatuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise to not burn your old bridges.
    Good luck in your new position.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!