Friday, January 11, 2013

Stiletto Economics

I know Lenore Skenazy through the Funny Times, one of my must-reads every month.  You might know her as the mom who let her 9 year old son ride the New York subway alone.

I'm not sure how I found this column, but it deals with the type of fashion that I think appeals to a lot of us, both to wear and admire: high high heels.

Was it a hooker convention?

No, I know for a fact it wasn't, because I had been invited, too. It was simply a suburban bat mitzvah — a coming-of-age party for a sweet eighth-grade girl and her hooker friends. Er ... her fashionable 13-year-old friends in their 5-inch high heels. (And 5-inch skirts. But that's another story.)

Apparently not content to simply tower over 13-year-old boys on their own two feet, the girls donned stilettos to approximate the models in the magazines. But little do those girls realize they also are approximating the leading economic indicators.

You can read the whole fun and clever story here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!