Thursday, January 10, 2013

Letters. We Get Letters. Lots and Lots of Letters (part II)

Someday, I'll learn to not underestimate my readers.  I said "nobody will get the letters reference.  Everybody did."  And I guess it started with Como, but Dean Martin used to use it on his show sometimes, and the most recent time I heard it (it was still a while ago) was on Saturday Night Live.

And my mother used to like Perry Como (and "Sing Along With Mitch") so I'd watch it too when I was a tiny tot.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Penny Clare added a comment to my clear nail polish post which I'll copy here in case you missed it:

Be VERY careful with the Nail Envy. It has ruined my nails - I am having to wait for them to grow out. They have become weak and pitted and brittle. Really nasty to look at without some kind of clear coat. If you notice ANY change in your nails you don't like, stop using OPI right away. I waited far too long because I loved the pale pink top coat. Penny p.s. I think Revlon 955 base coat may be better, but only time will tell.

The OPI product has worked fine for me.  Some reviews say the gloss is minimal or absent, but mine look good.  I know there are lots of ways to mess up my nails (Nair-type products seem to do a number on them, for instance) and I wanted y'all to be aware of her experience.  You all know that everybody's body acts and reacts differently to chemicals.  I'd suggest you follow Penny's advice generically: if you notice ANY change, stop using that product.

And if you were expecting my usual overlong posts, use the extra time to check out Penny's blog.  She's a British HHG fan and cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!