Monday, May 28, 2012

Follow-Up

Follow-up on Tyler.  I wrote about the Washington Post article on Tyler, the five-year-old transgender youth last week.

Petula Dvorak followed up her article in her regular column which begins:

I heard from transgendered senior citizens who lamented their decades living a lie.

I got e-mails from confused parents who had their aha moment when they read Tyler’s story.  

And sure, I heard from the haters. The Internet troll employment benefits package apparently doesn’t offer vacation days, so they’re always there.

 The short version: there seem to be an awful lot of FtMs out there.  I don't recall her specifically mentioning MtFs, but she left some ambiguous.  Maybe there's room for some education here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!