Friday, June 6, 2014

The Elizabeth Taylor Experience (cont'd)

I spent a lot of time staring at a blank screen, wondering how to not make this post sound like a paid endorsement.  All I can come up with is, the words are mine and no money changed hands.

My Elizabeth Taylor makeover was a wonderful experience.  I try to not go into situations with expectations ~ no expectations mean you won't be disappointed.  But I was kind of excited to see what Beth could do and my expectations were high and I was not disappointed.

The visit was not mistake-free, and I'll get to that at the end.  I'd like to talk a bit about what Beth does first.

She does lots

If you want a new look (like me), she can do that.  She knows a lot of tricks and techniques. 

If you have never been out and you want someone to do your makeup so you don't look like one of these college students, she can do that.  If you want someone to go out with you, once you're newly beautiful, she'll do that too.  If you just want a photo record of your new look, she'll do that.  If you want makeup lessons, she'll do that too.

If you're lacking in key wardrobe parts like large-size shoes or a wig, she can supply them for your day out.  I believe she can supply corsets as well, but I'm not sure.  I know she's done corset parties.

And if you ever wanted to see how you'd look as a French maid or school girl, she can probably fit you.

This is not a hobby.  She takes this business seriously and she takes both the makeup and the photography seriously.

Mistakes Were Made

And they all have one thing in common: me.

Mistake: I should have thought more about what I was doing and where.  I could have gone with one of my inappropriate-for-going-out dresses, something tight and short perhaps, since I could always change into a "street dress" before going out.

Mistake: I should have asked Beth to walk outside with me and get some photos there.  I mean, why not?

Mistake: I should have brought more jewelry.

Mistake: I answered Beth's questions.  I should have asked for her suggestions.  It's about me, but she has more experience and seems pretty empathetic.  If she had suggested pushing the envelop by using a more dramatic (read: slutty) makeup, I would probably have agreed and had a much different look.  Instead, I went practical (my default position) and asked for "classic," a variation on what I normally wear.



ONE!




1 comment:

  1. Well the end results certainly look good whatever "mistakes" you think you may have made. Will you be repeating the experience?

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!