Friday, December 7, 2012

Layers For... Warmth?

Sometimes, when I'm Meg, I feel like I'm wearing my entire wardrobe under my dress.

Bra and panties, sure.  Pantihose or tights (or sometimes stockings), almost always.  Waist cinch, yeah, usually.  A camisole and half-slip (or a full slip), sometimes because I have to, sometimes just because I love them.

Lately, I've added my padded panty, to see how it looks (good) and feels (all right).

At night, since I've been at the apartment, I almost always wear panties and a nightie.  I have, off-and-on, worn a cinch ~ I'm trying to add a little control to my waist; I don't know if it helps or not but I'm also hoping it'll at least help remind me to suck that tummy in a bit.  And my belt is at its tightest loop now, when I have the cinch underneath.  Sometimes, and it's getting to be more often, I'll add a bra with my foam pads.

When I get up in the morning, I slip off the nightie and pull the camisole du jour and my shirt over my bra and forms and cinch, if I'm wearing one.  I stay that way until I'm getting ready to leave, then I remove the bra and forms and sometimes the cinch.

Yesterday, I wore a shirt that was a bit thin so a nice adjustable strap cami would be visible.  Instead, I wore a plain white tank-top-type camisole.  This was, however, a shaping camisole.  On a lark, I just pulled the forms out without removing my shirt.  The bra straps and cups seemed to be invisible under the cami and my shirt.

I asked Charity for confirmation and she agreed ~ it wasn't noticeable unless someone touched my shoulder*.  So I left it on.

I wasn't wearing tights or hose that day ~ I had my Chanukah socks, grey with a blue menorah on each instead.  But let's see.  The average guy in the office is probably wearing socks and boxers under his clothes.  I had socks, panties, bra, cami, cinch.  And I sat in a meeting with five other men from the project and thought "I'm the only one without a tie.  And I bet I'm the only one with a bra."



* oddly enough, my GO ("government overlord") has a habit or putting his hand on my shoulder.  I know that and I'll live with it.





6 comments:

  1. Meg -

    First, It is inappropriate at the office that anyone put his/her hand on your shoulder. We now live in an age where a pat on the back coming from someone not your close friend is not in good taste.

    With that being said, I agree... I'll bet that you were the only person wearing your particular configuration of clothing that day. And I wonder whether people would notice if you started wearing shirts that button on the left. But the question is - how far do you want to go at work?

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, I must admit that I'm very impressed with the thought and analysis that goes into your decisions. Having Charity around adds another layer of good judgment to your decisions.

    Have a Happy Chanukah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be so sure, if we accept the usual finger of one in a hundred men cross dressing to some extent then there is a pretty good chance that you are in regular contact with another (probably firmly closeted) cross dresser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have done the same on many occasion in the past. even opting for reverse button blouses. along with pale pink nail polish. and pink stud pierced earings. although as of late i wear them according to what i plan to do with my day. if working in the yard i now try to remember to remove them so as not to loose them.
      so many guys locally wear earings these days and the excuse for clear nail polish is to prevent cracking.
      so basicly it depends upon how formal your office setting is.

      Delete
  4. Meg- Ahhh, layers! :) Can picture it all... and love a padded panty, as you know! Sounds like you have a delightfully soft outfit for home :)
    Interesting about that guy... hmmm
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!