Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stafford Marketplace and Spotsylvania Mall

I like the look of the Spotsylvania Mall.  The Stafford Marketplace is about 13 miles further north and looks to be an open shopping center, as opposed to an enclosed mall.  I've never been to either.  An open shopping center is unlikely to have family restrooms.  The mall might but I haven't found direct evidence yet.

I prefer open centers; I may stop to look around if I change at Potomac Mills, since this is on the way.

The Spotsylvania Mall looks like it has a good selection of shops.  There is a DEB shop, which I've been trying to get to since Kansas when I was standing outside but didn't get through the door.  I still haven't gone to the one about 30 miles from my house, and I got sidetracked in El Paso.  I know, DEB is more for teenagers, but I like the look of their shoes and I want to look around.  And I don't have to worry about fitting new shoes into my carry-on luggage this time!

Check out the Spotsylvania directory.  They have a couple of dozen shops listed under "Women's Fashion" another dozen shoe stores, and about two dozen more under the "Beauty and Health" banner.  It's anchored by a Belk, Macy's, Penneys, and Sears.  There is an adjunct that seems to be mostly unpopulated but has a Coldwater Creek, Salon and Spa, a shoe store, and some restaurants.

What I'm saying is, I can probably shop until my feet can't take it anymore.  But I don't know if they have family restrooms.



1 comment:

  1. The drama is building. Good luck. It is always tough to do an on the road transition.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!