Thursday, April 2, 2015

Last Saturday....

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that Meg appeared due to reasons (places Meg goes/would like to go) and urges (Meg just wants OUT).  There are fewer reasons these days because some come off the "bucket list" once I've done it and I haven't thought up many new challenges for Meg.  Urges are exactly as they sound: Meg Wants Out.

It seems the urges have gone down as well and I wasn't sure why until last Saturday.

Last Saturday, as I mentioned, I skipped out on several T-events and went to a drab dinner where a little girl at the next table was frantic over the fact that I was carrying a purse!

(On my list of girl items I had on my person, I forgot to mention I also had my flowery phone case)

And the items I mentioned....  Well, this is now part of my normal, everyday life.

Sometimes I have on a man's shirt; often I have on a man's pants.

Everything else is girl, pretty much every day.

Many mornings, I put on a lipstick (in a close-to-my-natural-colour shade) and light gloss, or I have a shiny lip balm.

Every day now, I wear a bra under everything.  My shirt and camisole determine the style and padding.

Every day, I carry that flowered phone case, and I wear my wedding ring and one other clearly girl ring, plus a bracelet and chain.

Yes, even at work.

When I go home, if I feel the urge (and there's that word again) I can slip into a skirt or dress or pair of heels but I often don't.

I think a lot of being Meg is not so much having to go out fully dressed but instead it's just getting my femme side out in front.

And I do that now.  Any close scrutiny would generate questions.  If they come, I'm committed to no stories.  I may, at some point, go proactive on that front and point out what's not typical for the regular office guy.  I have done that before, but not at work or among friends.

Getting all made up and putting on some wonderful clothing is a lot of fun, more fun than just about anything else I do.

But it is time consuming and can be hard work and requires a lot of preparation as well as thought while I'm out.  (Am I walking/standing/talking/everythinging properly?)

Being some Meg all the time gives me the satisfaction of enjoying the soft clothes and feminine outlook on life without the heavy lifting.  Maybe I'm being lazy.  But maybe I'm (mostly) satisfied.

I've gone through several stages in my dressing and it often goes UP in a sharp slope and then plateaus for a while.  Meg will certainly be going out (not this weekend though, although a nice Easter dress would be fun) and there will be reasons but maybe fewer urges.  And maybe I'll find more ways to push the envelope and push the male clothes ot of my closet.

Also, I'm pretty sure femulation improvements will encourage Meg to go out more.  If I can get the voice down (my next hurdle) or if I get laser or electrolysis, or pierced ears (not gonna do it ~ it's just an example), Meg will go out more.  She loves to show off!

In my subhead I said this is a journey and I don't know my destination.  That hasn't changed in the almost five years I've been writing.



1 comment:

  1. Meg -

    You said:

    "Also, I'm pretty sure femulation improvements will encourage Meg to go out more. If I can get the voice down (my next hurdle) or if I get laser or electrolysis, or pierced ears (not gonna do it ~ it's just an example), Meg will go out more. She loves to show off!"

    Like you, I have to work on my voice - I can get it sounding soft, but I can't project it, nor can I control the pitch as a woman would. (Kathe Perez - HELP!) But I do plan to get my ears pierced - a pair of quiet, subtle studs to establish the holes, and then I'll be able to enjoy some nice bangles after 6 weeks.

    As you've said - this is a journey without a direction. But I put it, it's a journey towards the feminine (whatever that is). I find it interesting that you are melding girl clothes with your boy clothes. I take the opposite tack, and keep my female identity totally separate from my male identity. The two closets never mingle, except in the wash.

    If you are concerned about your poise as a female (and this is important), consider Denae Doyle's lessons.... I should review what I'm doing against what she teaches.

    M

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!