Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cards Against Humanity

Cards Against Humanity is a off-the-wall sort of game.  There are stacks of black cards and white cards.  The black cards have questions or blanks; the white cards have answers.
One player throws a black card and the other players throw their white card(s) that they think will be the chosen answer.
It's a very subjective game ~ it helps to know the questioner.  I played a couple of times and did surprisingly well, partly because funny is good and partly because I tried to suss the personality of the key player.
Buzzfeed had a page of "21 Hilarious, Awkward, And Painful Rounds of Cards Against Humanity"
They had things like "Hey baby, come back to my place and I'll show you __________" "A PowerPoint presentation"
and
"This month's Cosmo: 'Spice up your sex life by bringing __________ into the bedroom"  "Explosions"
and
"With enough time and pressure, ________ will turn into ______" "An ether-soaked rag" --- "Some god-damn peace and quiet"
and
well you get the idea.  Depending on how warped you are and what cards you have, the responses can be pretty amusing.

I was pretty disappointed to see this article:

Apologies over Cards Against Humanity transvestite row

A 19 year old who calls himself a "transguy" complained about an answer card of Passable transvestites.  He posted pictures of him burning the card.

The makers of the game, which they subtitle "a party game for horrible people" apologised, which I think is absurd.

People need to stop being offended by everything, and other people need to stop kowtowing to the easily offended.

I think it hurts our cause when we can't laugh at ourselves, and it shows people's lack of sense of humour when they can't laugh at themselves but can laugh at others.

One of my tests of sense of humour is to tell someone a funny ethnic joke and see how they react.  Then tell a funny joke about their particular ethnic group and see if they laugh or say "that's not funny."

It's a pretty good test.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!