Friday, November 22, 2013

About Me and the Ladies I Didn't Talk To

I thought I had a post for yesterday.  I did not.

I hate missing a day.



A few days ago, I made a mention of the girls I didn't speak to at the soiree.  I posted a variation on this to the soiree chat.  I'm still not sure if it's an apology, explanation, sharing, or something else.

As a coping mechanism for my classic introversion, if I'm in a situation like the soiree I tend to focus on one person and cling. A couple of times I was in a 3 or 4 way conversation and it may have appeared I was ignoring all but one person. It's something I'm working on and it's gotten better (a few years ago, a group like that would have had me run out [silently] screaming).
I hope nobody felt slighted (like you missed a wonderful life experience by not talking to me), and I apologise if anyone did.
I AM working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Meg -

    You can't be all things to all people. We are not social butterflies. So if you didn't speak to everyone, you can speak to those you missed at the next soiree....

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that you are getting better at this, do you think spending ore time as Meg, being honest and more "out" is helping your self confidence in social situations?

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!