Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Simple Pleasure ~ Gang Aft Agley

Or A Simple Pleasure Spoilt

I can dress as I wish around the house.  Last weekend was tax weekend, meaning I was staying put.  As I wrote, even though I was pretty much housebound I was going to dress as I wish.  I liked Paula's suggestion (since I was doing "office work" a suit might be in order).

Sunday, I was on my own.  To start, I put on a wool dress to keep me warm until I got down to work.  I had breakfast and decided to do laundry.  The machine did the usual routine of filling up and then decided that it would rather make loud noises than agitate.  I supposed it finally learned that, instead of agitating itself, it could keep the tub from moving, make enough noise to keep anything else useful from occurring within a ten-block radius, and agitate ME instead.

So before I could do anything else, I had to organise the wet and soapy clothes, clean the laundry items out of the laundry closet, change into full drab and see about getting maintenance to fix the machine.  Even though they don't normally work ion Sunday, I was told that, if someone came in, the office lady would send him up.

It seems "best laid plans" is a recurring theme in my life.




2 comments:

  1. Meg -

    So what did you end up doing? Is there a nearby laundromat you could use when this machine isn't working?

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... sounds like a *dreadful* day... regardless how you are dressed!! ;) Sar

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!