Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sir or Miss?

When I went back to the eye doctor, I spoke to a young woman at the front desk who I have been happily giving a hard time.

She asked if I was wearing my contacts and I told her if I wasn't I'd probably be facing in the wrong direction when talking to her and maybe calling her 'sir.'  She said she'd be offended if I did and I said "sometimes I get ma'am'd.  Like here." And I pulled up a Renaissance Faire picture on my phone.  She said "I could see that."  The other woman behind the counter craned her neck so I showed it to her too and she nodded.

But in fact, I probably didn't get ma'am'd while at the faire.

I probably got "m'lady'd."




3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Baby steps that keep advancing the cause. Either that or a modern day take on Aesop's fable about the Turtle and the Hare.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you were dressed like you were at Annie's, I think that about 95% of the world would be calling you "Ma'am", "Ms." or some other female pronoun. The rest of the pictures from around that time scream female to me, not a "guy in a dress".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie. I want everyone to look at me and scream "female!" :)

      Delete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!