Monday, March 2, 2015

In For a Penny, In For a Pound

So I have a new contract.  I'm working not far from where my last contract was, also doing Department of Defense work but in a totally different area: business then, health now.

My first day I wore a purple shirt with a purple bead necklace.   Usually, I wear a long chain that dangles below my shirt.  The bead necklace is pretty short ~ I'd call it a choker.

Since that day, I've worn more women's shirts than men's.  I've worn our (Charity & I share) Pandora bracelet (sometimes).  I am continuing my socks-match-my-shirt philosophy, wearing tights when appropriate.  My rings are not what men would call "men's" rings.  I dropped my tote for my small crossbody purse.

I've also changed bra wearing from a sometimes thing to part of my wardrobe.

Why not?

Oh....  I'm also working hard to make me stand out as the alpha member of a large team.



10 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you and proud of you, brave girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg -

    I wonder if anyone notices.....

    Do you think you'll be wearing women's slacks soon? Shoes? Do you have a boundary that you will not cross?

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention pants. Yes, some are women's. And my "shoes" are New Balance and yes, they are women's. I interviewed in actual shoes (from Aerosoles).

      Delete
  3. This winter with the never ending cold I have worn a bra under my shirt more often then not. In much the same fashion that I have long felt improperly dressed if I did not have my panties and pantyhose on under my slacks now feel like something is missing if I do now have a bra on.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, should I say, "Told you so!"?

    Great title Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just a question of time.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if my readers know me better than I know myself....

      Delete
    2. Meg -

      We probably do. You are heading very fast down the road to femininity, and I expect you'll be out to all within the next 2 years.

      Marian

      Delete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!