Thursday, March 26, 2015

New Girls

Discovery Life, a channel to which I do not subscribe, will air a five-part series called "New Girls on the Block" featuring different transitioning transgendered women.

It sounds more like a documentary (of which I'm not a fan) more than a reality show (which I eschew).  I also don't really watch trans-oriented movies.  I gave up on "To Wong Foo" and "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert."  I haven't seen "Kinky Boots" or "Hedwig" or "Transamerica," although I own the latter.  I didn't love "La Cage" and skipped the sequel.  I wanted to catch "Paris Is Burning" but it's on the back burner.  I set the DVR to tape "Ru Paul's Drag Race," watched half of one and deleted them all.

I may look for this on-line.  Something about it sounds interesting.

As of yesterday, the website says is it start 11 April.  The cable guide says it starts 2 April.  Someone is confused.  There's a link to the show here but beware: video with sound starts when you click the link!




4 comments:

  1. I have a 200 channel package, and clearly I don't get discovery life. It kinda sucks because that looks like a good show (and probably good for many to see it), but I'll never get to see it unless it somehow makes it to dvd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg -

    If you find it online, please let me know - It's not available on my cable system either. But it is something I'd like to see - for at least one episode.

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here...don't get that cable channel. So let us know if it shows up on line...

      Hugs,

      Mandy

      Delete
  3. Another T movie you and Charity should check out is "Boy Meets Girl" - it comes out on DVD in May, if I recall. I saw it at our local GLBT film festival last fall. It's very well done and it stars a TS, who does a great job. Pretty realistic slice of life about the life of a T-girl in rural America, nothing RuPaul or Hedwig about it.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!