Monday, March 9, 2015

Changes In Attitude

I've mentioned before that I have only been out once this year, for a show and dinner on Valentine's Day.  I have a few reasons why: weather, health, opportunity, others.

A couple of weekends ago, there was a scheduled game day which was cancelled due to snow, so Meg stayed home.

This past weekend, for instance, I was supposed to be out of town with my son and I'd be back too late for the Saturday soiree.  Going away was postponed for a couple of weeks but I had a lot of things to do around the house and not enough time to get ready.  Plus Charity had to work late and wouldn't have been available to help me get ready.

See?  There are lots of reasons.  But I'm pretty sure there's really just one reason and I'm pretty sure it's none of those.

I don't know what it is though.  I'm working on it.  And I will be out again, in the near future.



6 comments:

  1. Could it be that now that you're married and living happily as Meg at home you don't have the same need to go out as Meg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds familiar....same way here. Our day will come!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg -

    I could make a lot of comments that you're only making excuses not to go out in Meg mode. But the reality is that you have a life, and should not feel any guilt for not letting Meg out of the closet. Only you can say how much "Meg Time" is enough for you - and it will be that part of you that know when Meg needs to come out....

    Do you really need a reason NOT to be Meg? No. Your readers enjoy reading about your experiences as Meg. But your time as Meg should be to fulfill your needs and not ours....

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's actually healthy. It's takes a fair amount of work and prep to go out in girl mode. You're in a life position now where you have fewer obstacles to going out and one opportunity lost due to pressing circumstances isn't going to result in months with no Meg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie -

      The trick to finding Femme time is to have a block of time enough to do one's makeup AND get dressed before going out. So the most important thing is to work on making one's Femme prep routine as effective and as quick as possible, so that getting dressed takes little more than a male of the same age. (Of course, one needs the free time afterward to make this effort worthwhile.)

      M

      Delete
  5. Food for thought.... Thank you ladies. You're better than the couch. :)

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!