Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And the Winner Is....


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


(f) none of the above.

After I picked five "finalists" for the clothing swap, I was putting away the dresses I didn't try on and came across the one pictured here. I've always liked it, but the sleeves are a bit shorter than I wanted.

But I like it. So I shaved a little further than I have in the past, and here it is.

I noticed when I tried it on that it's very clingy and shows every lingerie line clearly. To keep the cinch from showing through, I wore a full slip (like that was an ordeal ~ I think gurls like slips more than girls do). At the end of the day, I took off the cinch and noticed that the dress kind of clings to the top but not the waist, which meant I didn't even need the darn thing! When it's 97 degrees (and you're waiting for the tire changer guy) losing that extra piece of clothing would have been a Good Thing. And I noticed that the hem of my slip is showing in this picture. I'm so embarrassed!

And I wish I could've traded for the blue dress standing next to me (Hi, Melanie!)

Click on either picture for a larger version.

Which reminds me of the first time I ever went out. I was with Wanda, the makeup artist who had just made me up and helped me choose my clothes, accessories, shoes. We were driving the a shop and she said "let me hear what your girl voice sounds like." I declined to try, because I was embarrassed by my voice. I was driving and thinking "wait a second. I just let this woman make up my face and I'm dressed as a girl and I'm out in public and I'm embarrassed to let her hear my voice?" But I didn't feel comfortable doing it. Weird, I know.

I still hate my voice but I'm no longer Harpo Marx.

That's me, in late 2004.

3 comments:

  1. I think you look great, Meg--very natural and not at all a problem in passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! You look great. Absolutely "passable" and a lot better than just passable. I wish I looked that good in a dress!

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!