Monday, June 21, 2010

Getting Out

I've decided that leaving the house dressed with a suitcase is too risky.

There's a good chance my neighbor would see me leave, and that means my wife would know before I even told the driver where I'm going. If she knew I was flying, that wouldn't be as big a problem.

Comments and notes have convinced me a hotel is the way to go.

In a hotel, I can take a cool shower and spread out and change in a comfortable environment. I'll need early arrival, but I don't think that'll be a problem.

I looked for inexpensive hotels near the airport and there are a few for as little as $65. I'm planning on one that charges about $70 beacuse it's 100 yards from a nail place.

How long does it take to get a manicure? About an hour?

So here's the (over)plan by start times. I'm assuming a 3pm flight, so I want to be at the airport by 1. This is important if I'm flying on Sunday, since the nail place won't open until 11. If the flight changes, I'll adjust accordingly:

0800: be all packed, dressed in drab, get in cab
0845: arrive at hotel
0900: be in room
0915: shower and shave!
0945: contacts
1000: makeup
1100: dressed
1130: manicure
1230: request cab for Meg
1245: check out of hotel
0100: arrive airport

While I'm at it....
0300: on plane
0445: arrive at destination (central time)
0515: get bag, get shuttle to rental cars
0545: get rental car
0700: arr hotel or restaurant if I'm hungry and still standing

There's a possibility that I'll be traveling during the week instead (more soon). If I do, I'll have to allow an extra 30 minutes to get to the hotel. Traffic is hell here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!