Saturday, June 19, 2010

Still Agonising....

The quick shots I took the other day all stink, so I don't have a good photo of the top I'll probably wear. This is an old picture of the skirt I'm considering. It fits well, is about the right length and has a 3" or so pleat at the bottom. It's a bit longer than I like, but I'm not trying to attract attention, am I? No, I'm not. Definitely not.

I think many of us have the same problem: we want to look feminine, which means we want to turn heads, which means we want to get male attention, which we don't really want. (I did say many. I know some gurls who welcome male attention. I know others who welcome gurl attention.)

I've had some admirers approach me for dates. They found me in a support group I used to belong to, although I never managed to go to a meeting. The reason I never went to a meeting is, they seemed open to hooking up, which is not where I'm at. Or, they found me on URNotAlone, a site I really should get more serious about. I say the same thing about LinkedIn though. There's never enough time.

Where was I? Oh yeah. I've had admirers approach me for dates. They are generally very nice, they assure me that we'd meet on my terms and in public, and there wouldn't be any funny stuff, unless I was interested. They're also uniformly extremely persistent. I think dating as a woman would be an interesting female experience. I think getting pressure from a man to date is also a very female experience. I also think they send an offer to every gurl within a 50 mile radius, hence the offers to me.

I wish I made a prettier woman. I wish I was younger and sexier. I also do not want male attention.

I also wish I could explain the last paragraph.

2 comments:

  1. Meg, your last paragraph makes perfect sense to me! I support your challenge and wish all the thrills you're seeking come true.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!