Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I'm Getting My Ears Pierced

NOT.

I've been thinking about it.  I've been trying hard to get over my aversion to punctures.  Yesterday I saw the cartoon below and my li'l tummy turned upside-down.  I can just imagine what it would be like if I had to try to stick a metal point into my skin, even if there was a hole there already.

When I was in seventh grade, taking biology, we had the opportunity to take a little sterile thingie and poke our fingers, to type our own blood (I was B).  A few weeks later, the experiment was repeated to see if we were Rh negative or positive.  I couldn't poke my finger.

I would make a very dead diabetic.

So once again, I'll defer this decision.  For now.

Oddly enough, I'm OK with fishing but
scared silly of getting a hook in me

3 comments:

  1. "What are you? A man or a mouse., I mean a woman or a wouse?"- lily tomlin in 9-5

    ReplyDelete
  2. well darlin' my story would freak you commpletely out. a couple years ago i was feeling adventurous and just popped in with a "friend" to a tattoo parlor. i questioned them on their piercing procedures and price. i threw caution to the wind and decided to have both my nipps pierced. the left one went without a hitch, just a great ol'e OUCH! and it was done. now once he did my right i felt and they watched the color completely drain out of me. i told them "i feel sick" as i went to head for the trashcan, the guy noticed what was happening and pushed me back against the wall pulled up my shirt and wiped me down with alcohol (hey that sounds like a few parties i went to. XD) he then began fanning me to bring me back around. i never knew what me pain thresh-hold was before that; thus now i know childbirthing would have killed me because piercings are a simple prick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who says, "No Way!" to piercings. Ugh!

    xoxoxo

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!