Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Simple Pleasure, Postponed

Sometimes, I partially change when I get home.  I put on a dress, or try on shoes to see if they're comfortable for long term.  I'm also planning on playing with the "Minimal Meg" look, when I have some time.

This time of year is harder.  Normally, it's quiet at the apartment, but for the next few weeks there will be knocks at the door at unexpected times.  UPS or people trying to take advantage of the season to get donations to (possibly dubious) groups.

I'd rather not answer the door wearing my work clothes and pumps, or some makeup, or with a telltale line across my scalp because I whipped a wig off on my way to the door.

So I pass, or wait until I'm not home alone to try new Meg looks, or partial looks.

No big deal, really.  It's nice to know I can dress tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Meg -

    You are passable enough for people to not notice anything amiss if you're in full Meg presentation. So you could answer the door that way without problems. But, if you are partially migrated to Meg mode, then I'd do exactly what you do - avoid answering the door....

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a peephole in the door? UPS, FedEx, and USPS guys always are in uniform, and don't care how you're dressed. If it's not in delivery uniform, don't bother answering.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!