Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Opportunity Passed By

There's a group of civilian gamers we used to join semi-regularly.  We kind of stopped, and I'm not sure why.  We met Star through that group, and we still go to Star's game days, but not the original group.

One woman we chatted with works at a store in Alexandria.  We saw her there once.  I was Meg (same as the game days) and Charity was, well, Charity.

A couple of Saturdays ago, we went to the store and she was there.  I was in drab, and I caught her eye a couple of times; she showed no recognition.

When we were leaving the store, Charity waved to her and she came over.  She remembered Charity from game days, but seemed to have No Clue as to who I was.

I was thinking of saying "Hi.  Remember me?  We played games together in the past, but I didn't.  As I mentioned not long ago, I go there as Meg, they expect Meg and draw their own conclusions.  I don't choose to bring my presentation up as a topic of discussion, although I wouldn't shy away from it.

So I stood by silently.  Charity didn't introduce me, and I had nothing to say.


2 comments:

  1. Meg -

    You've passed an important test. Do people who know you as meg recognize you as your "evil twin"? With this person, you passed - Meg is a different person....

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in how you felt. I understand having nothing to say only too well.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!