Monday, October 14, 2013

Something New!

Typical molded bra
During my short trip to the beach a few weeks ago, I found a lingerie store.  They had a wide variety of "bra bags."  I had no idea what this was for.  It came in two sizes, normal and Oh My God.  Apparently, they're for packing "molded bras," something I was also unfamiliar with.

I don't have any molded bras.  I don't have any plans to purchase any.  But the way I pack my forms is awkward.  I wrote about this before.

Basically, I keep them in the box they came in, which has molded plastic inserts fitted tightly into a cardboard box.  I put the form in the box and turn the insert over so it can sit tightly on the form.  Then I put other clothes and such into the boxes so I have less empty space in my luggage and so the inserts don't shift and get damaged.

The forms I prefer are basically a bag with liquid(ish) silicon inside.  Break a bag and buy a new form.  My forms are the most expensive items of girl stuff I own.  Nothing else comes close.

Bra bag varieties.  The final six are "panty packs"
A few times I just packed the forms into plastic bags and then carefully into my clothing.  That's not good enough.  While the airport gorillas were tossing about my luggage duing one trip, one broke.  Thankfully, this was both on the way home and confined to the plastic bag.  When I last looked, they were still useable, but I should seal that hole.  For all I know, by now the one with the hole has completely emptied.  I haven't checked.  I bought a new pair.

So the idea of a bag I could put the forms in was tempting.  They had several different patterns and styles but I weighed the plusses and minuses....

Plus: they would keep the forms in place and hopefully allow them to travel unharmed.
Plus: it's smaller than the box.

Minus: they'd still need some packing material to ensure they stayed still, same as the box.
Minus: they're sort of pricey.

And the deciding factor: I don't travel anymore.  If I change jobs, I'll revisit.

Besides, I know the absolute best way to take your forms with you:

Stick them in a bra and wear them.

If you want to learn more about molded bras, see below.


Copied from about.com:

WHAT'S A MOLDED BRA?

A molded bra - or, more accurately, a bra with molded cups - is exactly as it sounds. This style bra is made by a machine that forms the cups around a mold, using heat - so they hold their shape. And, molded cups are made from synthetic fibers.

    DOES A MOLDED BRA HAVE...

  • PADDING? It can, but then it isn't just a molded bra - it's called a contour style bra with a molded cup.
    A molded bra cup is also typically unlined - but it can also be lined, depending on the brand.

  • SEAMS? Sometimes. A molded bra is most often seamless, but some styles can have seams in the cups, which will provide extra support, although it is rare. The bra shown on this page has molded cups with seams.

  • UNDERWIRE? It can. Molded cups are designed to hold their shape without underwire, and you'll find them in some wire-free bras. But, there are also plenty of molded bra styles that do have underwire, like the one shown by Cosabella.
HOW TO TELL IF YOUR BRA HAS MOLDED CUPS
Molded bra cups will keep their shape. So when you pick up a molded bra, the cups will look rounded.

Several bra styles can have molded cups, like padded bras, contour bras and T-shirt bras.

BENEFITS OF WEARING A MOLDED BRA
Molded cups are designed to help shape your body, since most women aren't perfectly "rounded". (Let's face it - "round" and "perky" doesn't always go hand-in-hand with "real" body shapes.)

BEST BODY TYPE FOR A MOLDED BRA
Molded bras come in all sizes. There are some positive aspects, as well as some negative features of this bra style, relative to your size.

Women who wear a small cup size might like the extra shaping a molded bra cup provides - but, often a contour cup will be even more flattering.

Women who wear a large cup size may like that a molded bra offers some shaping without bulky padding.

THE CONS: FEATURES SOME WOMEN DON'T LIKE ABOUT MOLDED BRAS
Some women may find that since a molded bra has cups that are pre-formed in a specific shape, this style bra doesn't always match up with their natural body shape.

WHEN TO WEAR A MOLDED BRA
A molded bra is a great style to wear everyday, if it's a style that fits your body type. It is a bra style that works well with all types of clothing - from a clingy t-shirt, to a fancy dress.

This style bra is also perfect for a special occasion, because you can find one with pretty details like a fancy lace overlay.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!