Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Simple... Pleasure?

I've been trying to keep my nails looking nice.  They have a habit of breaking and I've been using Nailtiques formula #2 to both harden my nails and give them some shine.

They still break, but there's no breaking bad.  So to speak.

However, I noticed that my right thumbnail has a split right in the centre of the nail.  It's about an eighth or sixteenth of an inch deep, depending on how short my nails are.

It was puzzling, until I realised that every day, twice a day, I open clasps on both my necklace and bracelet with that exact spot on my fingernail.

I need to find a fix for that.  I can't do clasps with my left thumb though.



4 comments:

  1. You can reduce the number of times you have to open clasps with your right thumbnail -

    On your necklaces (this is the only place it makes sense), consider using a magnetic extender, where magnets at the end are used to secure the necklace instead of the mechanical clasp.

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool idea. Like this:
      http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-magnetic-lobster-extender-Necklace/dp/B0095BK97O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381349602&sr=8-1&keywords=magnetic+necklace+clasp

      Delete
  2. A spot repair with some acrylic at a nail salon? Might work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you get acrylic nails and a salon
    You want to get a pedicure while you're there
    Cost of Mani/Pedi $50
    Feelings you ll get EVERYTIME you look at your nails(which will be often) PRICELESS

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!