Friday, October 4, 2013

Forward, Into the Past ~ Getting Sloppy

I wasn't ready to change when I got back to my apartment.  That seems to be on a case-by-case basis.  Sometimes, I'm ready to change when I get home; sometimes I want to just stay dressed all night.  It was a few weeks since Meg last made an appearance (her only one in September, by the way), so maybe that's an indicator.

I did remove my shoes and contacts, but I stayed in my dress for dinner.  By the time that was over, it was almost 10:30 and my alarm is set for 5:15 on work days.

I reversed my makeup removal routine.  My old procedure was to get out the makeup remover (I have a few; I'm not sure which one works best) and cotton pads and clean up my eyes and lips.  Then I shower and scrub to get rid of foundation, blush, etc.

In my new routine, I shower first.  It takes less time and fewer pads that way.

Sunday night, it was late when I stepped out of the shower, brushed my teeth, and hopped into bed.

Monday morning, I was sitting at my desk at the office when I suddenly remembered that I did NOT do the final makeup-removal step!  I remembered that, in the spirit of the Renaissance, Charity went easy and natural on my makeup and colours.  I was mostly worried about runny liner and mascara.  I finished what I was doing and went to the bathroom to take a look at my eyes and lips.

Fortunately, they looked fine.

And interestingly, there was no panic/moment of panic over getting caught with makeup.  I was even thinking of saying "a group of us went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday and I had this GREAT costume...."  (And I did show one of my officemates my photo, but that's another post).




5 comments:

  1. My practice is to simply get enough makeup off so that I do not soil the pillows. If tiem permits I will also shower but I do not go crazy removing mascara. As long as the colors are removed (rouge, eye shadow, etc.) I do not mind if my lashes look a bit better the following day.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remnants of makeup
    So what
    No one cares
    Comments?
    Respond with a comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Answer a question with question
    Turn the tables
    Put the onus on them
    Don t defend yourself
    Make them defend themselves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg -

    Often, the best makeup job looks like you are wearing no makeup at all. And in your case, the "no-makeup makeup" look did exactly what it was supposed to do - highlight the good features on your face, and minimize the less desirable features.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife is very keen to make sure all my makeup is removed the FIRST time. I found the brand Demalogica precleanse works the best for me. Take all sorts of makeup off, with just one use. It's expensive, but I've never had makeup left on my face after using it - Julie

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!