Saturday, October 19, 2013

Same Artist. Hmmmm....

This week's poll: would you meet someone who only knows you as a female, when you are in drab?  For instance, a t-friend you met as part of a group, or the woman who does your mani-pedi.  Assume they know you're trans.  The choices are:
* yes, if s/he's trans too
* yes, if  s/he's a civilian only
* unqualified yes
* no

This one's important.

Caveat: Pick the absolute worst comic strip ever (I'd nominate Close to Home) and I can't do as well as he does.  I can't draw, I can't come up with a premise, I can't come up with an idea seven days a week, year after year after year.

But, hey, c'mon.  I think Fred Wagner's just coasting here, unless he makes it a theme, with all sorts of different forest creatures wearing heels.  And if it wasn't the "girl" content, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

And I just realised, I don't recall ever seeing another article of clothing (shown or implied) on any of the animals here.  And the strip is called Animal Crackers.


Stana should LOVE this one! :D

5 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with Close to Home, but I think The Lockhorns would have to be at least a nominee for worst comic strip ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lockhorns are a one-(not very good)-joke strip.

      For Close to Home, read this:
      http://blog.tompappalardo.com/?p=895

      Delete
  2. I do love the high heel cartoons!

    The worst comic strip ever IMHO was "Li'l Abner." Great artwork, but it was unreadable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, we differ here. I thought Li'l Abner was brilliant. It wasn't in the NY paper I read though.

    I still regret reading Every Strip in the Star Journal and skipping Pogo because I couldn't get past the typeface. Once I tried it, I LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to duly nominate Daddy's Home as the lamest "comic" strip this side of The Family Circus, in both artwork and funny ideas. Truly awful.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!