Thursday, June 13, 2013

More Fun With Civilians

When I see a woman I know wearing an exceptional dress, I'll comment on it.  I'll sometimes add "they never seem to have that in my size" which is good for a laugh.  It's helpful to not use that when the woman is question is close to your size.

I rode down the elevator with the office fashionista a couple of days ago.  She was going to lunch, I was going to go for a walk ~ if it wasn't raining.  She asked if I was going out to eat, or just walk around.  I said walk, and used the same line I use whenever anyone has food I don't care to eat "I want to get back my girlish figure."  If I think I can get away with it (I didn't), I add "I got the top and hips down.  It's the middle I'm having trouble with."  I admit ~ if I've already used that line, or if there are guys around (hey, girls find the previous line funnier than guys do), I'll say "I'm trying to get back to my original weight: seven pounds nine."

(Friday the 13th falls on a Thursday this month)




2 comments:

  1. Meg -

    I could use that line (they never have it in my size) too.... Wicked!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that offering a favorable comment about a lady's dress is one of the most significant means of communication among women. While a guy may say "What's up" to another guy a woman will often simply comment "I love your dress, top, shoes, purse, etc" as a means of greating.
    I often mention a woman's nice attire when I see it. It affirms to her that her efforts to look good were not unnoticed.
    I have become somewhat of a regular at a local LGBT bar (1-2 visits a month) but the woman there who know me as well as the DQ who runs the Wednesday night bingo, almost always say something nice about some item I may be wearing (dress, jacket, shoes...). I know they are just being pleasant but it makes me feel good and affirms the effort that I made to try to look quasi decent.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!