Monday, June 10, 2013

Dressing: Always Good for a Laugh

I joke around a lot.  I tell people to assume I'm joking, unless stated otherwise.

One of the interesting thing about admitting to crossdressing is, people think you're not serious.  I take advantage of this.

On Saturday, I bought a new pair of Aerosole wedges at their outlet store.  As I was looking at shoes, a saleslady came up and asked if I was looking for something in particular.  I said "it's so rare to find something in my size, I'm just going to browse," which I did.

The store has a clearance section where they leave out one shoe of a pair ~ you have to request the mate  (and box) from the back room.  I was with Charity, who had asked a saleswoman about shoes in her size.  When I showed her the shoe I wanted, the same saleswoman turned to Charity to ask if these were the shoes she wanted.  I said they were for me.  She seemed surprised but say "oh.  OK" and got the shoes.

At the checkout, I was handed off to another saleswoman.  We chatted a bit and I said "I was thinking of wearing them home."  She laughed and said "I don't think so.  At least, not with that outfit."  I said there were plenty of stores where I could get appropriate clothing.  "I could start with the Bali store," I suggested.  She laughed and said something along the lines of "that probably wouldn't work."

Later, too late, it occurred to me that I could pull blog pictures onto my phone.  I could have showed her one or two.  But my battery was weak, the store was busy, and my brain was slow.  Ah well.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!