Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dinner With the Ladies ~ More Photos

As I said, prime seating for our group. I need to work on my lighting. If you click to enlarge you'll get a better look at the ladies.  Oh... as we were leaving, two girls who came in late, came over to chat.  They didn't want to interrupt the group so they hung at the bar until the cheques were paid.

Pamela and Beth (across my table)


The rest of my table (l-r): Sharon, Charity, Pamela, Beth, Christine

a couple of the partners were camera shy so they leaned back


3 comments:

  1. A flash, a flash. My queendom
    For a flash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lighting problem may not be easily fixed in this instance...it's caused by the back-lighting from the windows. Typically, your camera's built-in light meter reads the entire scene and then adjusts shutter speed and aperture for the lightest part of the picture...which means, in this case, that the foreground comes out too dark. Some cameras have the ability to change that...mine can switch from "multi" (metering the whole scene), to "center" (metering based on just the center of the frame), or to 'spot" (metering based on brightness of a central point). If your camera can do anything similar, you might try the "center" mode in situations like this.

    Similarly, my camera can adjust its "ISO" reading--the equivalent of the old "film speeding" rating on non-digital cameras. A higher ISO can also fix the dark foreground problem.

    In addition, my camera can adjust something called "EV"...making the entire image brighter or darker.

    Lastly, my camera can adjust something called "DRO",,,the settings are "auto", "std " (described as "recover image detail lost in shadow area"), and "plus ("recover shadow detail without losing highlights"),

    Any one of those--if available on your camera--might help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually...there may even be simpler solution. If you have any kind of image editing software (I use Paint Shop Pro), you can repair most of these problems using that.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!