Monday, June 24, 2013

Friday Night Games

I signed up for the Friday night (civilian) games.  It fills up quickly so I was surprised I got a slot.  In the

New dress.  Under $20!
past, they had two groups and I'd be in the "overflow" one.  Now I was in the big time!  So to speak.
I picked out an outfit ~ salmon cap sleeve top, white maxiskirt with a salmon pattern near the hem.

Thursday night I didn't sleep well.  I'm normally tired on Friday and I was dragging (no pun intended) all day.  I noticed my anxiety about being around people increases proportionately when I'm tired.  I spent part of the day trying to overcome that but part of my mind fought back by looking at worst-case scenarios: everyone will be in cliques when I arrive, games will be full and I'll be hanging in the background, and so on.  Even though those things never happen.  The only real issue is not recognising people who I met before but I could minimise that with a little preparation.

But... I was tired.  I kind of knew that if I started to change to go out I'd wake up and go out and have a great time.  But although I knew this, I didn't really know it and there was a waiting list for that night so I changed my RSVP to no and let someone get in from the wait list.

There will be more game nights and I was going out the following night anyway.  That's where the picture to the right came from.  More this week.




3 comments:

  1. Meg -

    Love that dress on you!! Wish I could wear something that pretty!!!!!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look great! And the price was certainly right....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your look and love fashion on a budget.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!