Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Little Bit of Shopping

A couple of weeks ago, my house slippers sort of fell apart.  They were moccasins and one of the threads or whatever they're called tore and that left the top flapping open.  I decided to go to the local mall and look for new (girl) slippers.

I found a nice pair of Dearforms for $15 at Sears.  They had my size and they were fairly wide (as are my feet) and they actually fit quite nicely.  They're black with a pink inner sole.  I expect, in my own place, I'll get a more girly pair of slippers.

While I was there, I looked around the store, not expecting to buy anything else but I saw they had tights on sale, and I couldn't resists.  Two pair of tights and the slippers were the whole purchase.

A couple of days later, I made a special trip to a different mall because they had a J C Penney and they advertised denim shirts.  I wanted a new one; my old one had what looks like a sharpie stain on one sleeve.  Most girl denim shirts are embroidered or otherwise embellished and don't pass well.  This one was not and they had one left in my size.  It is now hanging in my closet.

As I mentioned a few days ago, I also picked up a couple of passable button-down shirts.  I think my October shopping is done.  I'm on a new budget now.




1 comment:

  1. now my favorite slippers are... satin dear foams from walmart about 10.00 bucks ea. unfortunately they are usually out of stock (i take a 8-10) when i need a new pair! LOL

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!