Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Still Great Timing

Not a lot of you have taken this week's poll.  It was scheduled to close it on Wednesday, but I'm going to leave it open until the end of the week.  Starting tomorrow, I'll have my interpretation of the results of the first poll.  I don't know if you'll agree with me ~ feel free to let me know, whether you do or not!

Anyway, if the long introductory post is what's keeping you from voting, here's the Reader's Digest version: Z wrote to me to say that while she was out, a gentleman chatted her up and they started getting fairly intimate on the spot.  I wrote that, after having "admirers" ask for dates (and turning them down ~ I like girls), I started to think that maybe a date with a guy would be fun (but no funny stuff).  So look at the choices, keeping that in mind, and check as many boxes as are appropriate.

A few days ago, I wrote about going out early next month.  Things have changed a bit, but for the better, I think.  I hope.

The plan, as I wrote, was for my wife and son (and a friend and her son) to go to the beach Sunday through Tuesday.  Sunday is the next clothing swap, which is where I plan to be.  I also plan to take  Monday off and do something.

There are a couple of potential problems:

* my job involves meetings.  The main meeting is Monday morning.  Blowing off that meeting is tricky.
* Sunday is the last day of the 4-H fair.  My kids are always involved.  Sunday is breakdown day.  I can probably get someone to take apart the exhibit for me, but I should pick up my son's entries and such.  I'll be at the clothing swap and I think having Meg go to the fair is a bad idea.  See?  I do have some common sense.

Well, my wife decided my son really needs to be at the fair that day.  She changed the beach trip to Monday through Wednesday.  August 8 through August 10.

A slight change of plans.  I'll be with my son at the fair Friday night.  He's in charge of one of the exhibits and has to register kids and write down the results of the judging.  I'll help, if help is requested.  He's pretty resourceful when he needs to be.  We'll all be at the fair Saturday ~ he has to keep an eye on the exhibits, make sure they don't get damaged or knocked over or anything.

But Sunday, I'll have my wife take him down.  I'll change (no nail polish, alas) and go to the swap.  I'll be back home and changed back before they get back from the fair.

Since they'll go to the beach Monday, I'll work that day and make the meeting members happy.  I'll take off Tuesday and make that a Meg day.  I may even meet with one (or more) of those Classy DC Sisters, if they'd like to meet with me.  Paige wrote to me that one of the ladies (Debbie) likes to go out on Tuesdays and I should contact her.  Maybe I will.

I think this will work.  I just need to make plans for the day on Tuesday.  I'd like to do something other than the usual (shopping), as much fun as that is.

The only problem now is to tell me wife that she needs to keep my son at the fair all day so they don't get a surprise when I come home!

I know some of my readers look out for me.  I want to let y'all know that the beach vacation is not for me.  It's a chance for my wife to spend time with her friend and for the boys to play together.  We'll probably go away as a family later in the month.



1 comment:

  1. So, Meg, tell me. Do you use Project, Excel or some other PM tool to manage your time? :) I'm guessing your schedule isn't quite as complicated as it seems, but maybe it is.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!