Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Push The Button, Max!"

OK, nobody is going to get that reference!  There's a big hint at the end of this short post, so if you want to try, try now.  Read later.

I've mentioned before that I don't like the label on that "followers" widget.  I'm not leading.  I'm trying to run through a maze blindfolded, with my hands tied behind my back.  I'm leading with my nose, or whatever sticks out furthest today.  Well, on good days, it's not my nose.

But I still haven't figured out how to change "followers" and "follow" to something else.

As I write this, there are 99 friends and friends I haven't met yet.  Can someone please make it 100?  If not, I'll have to follow myself from my male persona, just to make it even.  And the metaphysical implications are too enormous to contemplate.  There.  I used all of my sesquipedalian words for the week in that one sentence.

There's a huge prize for number 100.  I haven't figured out what it is yet, but it's... huge. :D

Now Max!  Push the button!

Update: Yay Jeri!  Yay Mistress Elizabeth!  I think Jeri was 100, but she's hiding.  No link, no e-mail.  You can drop me a note.  I'd love to learn more about you (all of you, if you feel like writing).

Here's the big hint: Jack Lemmon said it.  Still stumped?  I'll put a hint most movie fans will get in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. I can still picture the gleam from the Great Leslie's teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From The Great Race, of course!

    "The Great Leslie escaped...with a Chicken?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ye of little faith! I knew it as soon as I saw the post title, didn't need any hints.
    Natalie Woods and her outfits (and undergarments)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, congratulations! I see you're up to 104 followers...friends...people who like to read your blog (like me).

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!