Monday, January 7, 2013

Playing Games

Quickie poll....  Next weekend, Charity and I will be going to a T group meeting.  I suggested we do the matching dress thing again.  Should we?


Yesterday, I went to a board gamers meetup.  A GLBT board gamers meetup.

I went in a bit apprehensive because I expected to be the only T.  Although I had sat in on GLBT gatherings before (educational, not recreational), this was the first time I would "stand out" as Meg.

I was also a bit apprehensive because I didn't know any of the games they were planning on playing.

And, to add to my discomfort, I didn't know anyone there and I assumed they pretty much knew each other.

And, I wanted to get some pictures of Meg out at the event, but I didn't know if any of the guys wanted their pictures taken ~ I know some have no picture on meetup; I suspect they're in their own closets and don't want people to know about them, at least not yet.

I wore a new-to-me cowl neck sweater and skirt, and my brown boots.  Charity found the sweater and skirt at the local Goodwill, but they look nice ~ almost as if someone had bought and donated them together.  Hmmm...  My second cowl neck.  I had never worn a cowl neck before.  A new look for Meg, perhaps?  I like it but I also like necklaces and they seem pretty incompatible.



I wrote the above Saturday night, before going out.  (Ignore the future tense, I guess.)  If the post stops here, then I didn't have time to write more Sunday night and it will come soon.





1 comment:

  1. Meg -

    I feel the same way when I'm in groups meeting people I don't know for the first time. It takes a while for people to be accepted - and until then, it's that feeling of awkwardness that has to be conquered.

    My therapist makes it habit to talk to at least one new person every day. Breaking the ice ends up being a learned trait - often, the other person is just as nervous as we are about ice breaking. He may have a good way of learning how to deal with this discomfort of ice breaking. And I try to do the same when I can....

    Marian

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!