Friday, January 4, 2013

Before and After

I bought a Caboodle makeup case at Ulta.  It's not the cutest case ever, but it's large and roomy and it's an amazing improvement over what I had before.  What I had before was these bags sitting on the floor of the closet.  It was mildly organised ~ if you enlarge the picture, you can see labels on the bags....  Things like "blush" or "mascara."  There were two bags of makeup and the overstuffed bag on the right is my "A" makeup ~ everything I need, in minimal quantities, for travel.  I only keep colours and items I really like in there so I know I can just toss it in my suitcase and go and I won't need to shop at my destination.  Now, I'm going through my makeup a little bit at a time ~ I'll try a new lipstick every couple of days to see if I like each and toss the ones I don't ~ again, a simple pleasure is I can throw out stuff without hiding it in the trash where no-one will find it.

Because I found myself making two bags for (for example) lipstick, one labeled "lips" one labelled "to test" I thought maybe it's time for a case.

Below are three pictures of the... I won't call it "finished product" since I think it's still a work in progress.  I want to find small boxes for the large bottom section and I may move the pencils around ~ there are three pencil holders on each side and i have lip liners on one side and eye liners on the other.

I feel good about having everything in one box instead of six or eight bags that I have to pull out of the closet every time I want to go out!


The whole, um, caboodle

The eye side; makeup on the bottom

The lip side

1 comment:

  1. "Canoodle" hee hee :)
    You need a WHOLE apt to break that baby out!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!