Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Look

I told H that I had a makeup lady do "this look" about six years ago, and I thought I'd try something new.  She said "Six years!  It's definitely time for something new!"  She also asked if I had every used Clinique cosmetics and I told her my foundation and powder were Clinique, and I pulled the powder out of my purse to show her.

She treated me as she would any other woman.  She talked about how "some women" do this and it would look good on you too, or "other women" like this look, and so on.

She talked about skin care, and asked what I do (very little) but I had initially asked about eyes and she focused on that.  She removed my old eyeshadow, asked what mascara I was using (she didn't like it ~ it was flaking), said I did a good job on my liner but she had a better liner for me to try.  She drew a picture of how she did my eyes, and explained everything she did.  She complimented my baby blues and tried colours that would work best with them.

After she did my eyes, she said "how do you feel about that lip colour?" and she proceeded to redo my lips.  Then she said "how about a different blush?" and she redid that.

She was never in a hurry for me to move on, and I spent a long time just being a woman in another woman's company.

I bought a foundation, since I do like it and the last time I was at a makeup counter the woman said "your foundation colour is perfect!"  I also bought the eyeshadows she was using.  I thought I asked for the pencil and mascara but neither appeared in my bag so I guess I was distracted by the experience and did not.

I also asked her to take a couple of pictures of my new look ~ she took four.  One plain snapshot, one with my eyes closed so the makeover was easier to see, and another pair without a flash.

I left feeling like a million bucks.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome job. You look like you feel like a million bucks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Clinique's skincare... and their makeup! You look mahvelous!

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!