Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Timeline II, Part IV: Charity, Meet DC

While I was staying for those six weeks in Arlington, Charity decided she wanted to see a bit of DC and vicinity.  She flew out to DC, rented a car (another new experience!) and came out to visit.  Again, we spent a couple of mixed Meg/drab days before she went back home.

We girls took the metro into DC, strolled the mall, saw the new Batman movie in IMAX at the Air and Space museum.  The next day we went to Alexandria and walked around, visited shoppes... tourist things.

The house I was staying in was a typical suburban house, large enough that I could stay in the basement, Meg's clothes could take up a closet in one bedroom, and Charity could have another.

Full disclosure: Although I was still writing and working on a way forward that would keep my marriage intact, the writing was not reaching the conclusions I had hoped for.  The scenarios that ended in happiness also had me on my own.  I looked at the time spent with Charity and saw it as a possible scenario for "not-alone" happiness: being with someone I liked, someone I had a lot in common with, someone who enjoyed being with both male and Meg.

There was a glimmer of light, and maybe life after separation.





2 comments:

  1. You write well and you write from the heart and I always like to read what you have to say. Thank you for sharing these events with us.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!