Monday, January 23, 2012

What Was I Thinking?

The drive back to the hotel was much better than the drive to the synagogue.  The road does some funky things, but it was pretty easy.  Although I'm starting to know my way around Tucson a bit, I did follow the GPS when it told me to turn off of Valencia, even though I knew it's only one more turn to the hotel.  The GPS way would mean I end up on the right side of the road, instead of a weird sort of u-turn, which I prefer.

Instead it put me onto two unfamiliar and completely unlit roads.  I think the lady in the GPS is jealous because I look so fine and she's just a little square box. :D

I stopped in my room for a moment, and made sure Aeify was in the hotel and ready to go.

She was overdressed for dinner as well ~ she did that deliberately, knowing that t-girls often overdress.  That was a pleasant surprise.

We had a nice chat on the way to the restaurant.  Actually we had a long chat ~ I was sure I knew which street the restaurant was on, but I was wrong.  We had to drive around a bit until I finally found it.

I had been to this steakhouse once before, and had a good meal (in drab).

Aeify and I were treated like girlfriends.  Someone was asked to show "these ladies" to their table, and "ladies" was the word of the night when they were addressing us.

The second pleasant surprise was when a random waitress came over to our table.  She looked at us and said how nice we looked and asked if we were going out. I gave her an expansive hand motion and said "we're here."  Then she said we should definitely go out.

I don't know if she was trying to see if we were what we appeared to be.  I really don't care.  What I DO care about is, I didn't think to pick up my camera at the room and ask this nice waitress if she'd take a picture of us.  In fact, I kind of forgot about pictures this trip.  I took a lot of animal shots at the museum, but I didn't get many of Meg or Aeify or Liz or Andrea or Dorothy or all of us together, except for some posed restaurant shots.  I think I was just enjoying being a girl too much to think about it.

I also think it's too soon to be too relaxed.  I need to pay more attention to how I move and how I speak and how I react and I think I'm letting that go somewhat.  I have to remember not to do that!  And I have to remember to bring my camera and ask for pictures.

Dinner was uneventful.  Families and couples sat nearby and I looked at them more than they looked at us.  Aeify had the country fried steak, I had the fish and chips (at a steakhouse?  What was I thinking?).  The dinner portions were huge, and we both left most of our dinner.  I'm not sure if I left mine because I was in "girl mode" (I did eat my salad!) or because I was too busy chatting with Aeify.  The waitress never slipped; there was no difference between Aeify and me as far as she was concerned.  ("Did you ladies leave room for dessert?")

It was late when we got back to the hotel and we went to our respective rooms, but Aeify promised to help me with my makeup the next morning.  Saturday was to be breakfast, the Sonora Desert Museum, a little shopping, and dinner with the girls and I could hardly wait!



2 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to dress up and go out! Thanks so much for having dinner with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on my reading...Sounds like you both had fun. It's so much more enjoyable when being treated like a lady!

    Hugs,

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!