Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night Plans

are completely up in the air.

One thing I understand is having expectations leads to disappointment.

Right now, it seems a perfect storm to keep me in drab tonight.

I went to bed late for Arizona time.  I woke early for eastern time, so I'm running on less than five hours of sleep (and caffeine).

Candi, a new friend I just started chatting with, is busy tonight.  I haven't heard back from Dorothy.  I don't want to bother Liz ~ I feel I take up too much of her time.  I'd like to get together with Andrea again, but I think I can do that dressed or drab.  I was hoping for t-company tonight.

And work is crazy.  We're supposed to be on ten hour days, six days a week, for the next few weeks.  My responsibilities changed from getting direction for different stakeholders on up to eight different projects to getting direction from one person and leading a team of five.  It does sound easier, but I am now a chokepoint in a project I don't understand yet.

So I don't know if I'm going to get out before two, which is my target for dressing for dinner.  I did my preliminaries ~ all body hair that needs to go is gone, nails are trimmed and buffed, I checked that I brought everything with me and my contacts are still under solution.  I also spent a bit of time carefully shaping and trimming my brows.  Since it was only a few weeks since my last trip I didn't have my "pro" do it.  I think I may have overdone it ~ another reason to go out!

Even a 7:00 dinner means I need to be out by 3:30 or so.

I expect a quiet evening catching up on some reading I brought with me and early sleep for an early plane.

At least I have my nightie.  And my expectations.  I may avoid disappointment yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!