Monday, July 14, 2014

At the Fringe with the Fringe on Top

Happy Bastille Day, all you Francophiles!

Last Thursday I mentioned that wigs is hot.  Saturday I proved it.

I skipped Folklife in DC because I'd be out all day in the heat.  I decided to treat (?) Meg to a hot day out and went to the Fringe Festival.  For the uninitiated, Fringe originated in Edinburgh Scotland and has spread to many cities in Europe and the US.  I'm not sure about other countries.

Fringe consists of a large number of performances.  You pay by show (in DC it's $17 per seat and discounts are available.  And you have to have a $7 button, good for all performances and discounts at local retailers/restaurants).

There are comedies, dramas, musicals, one man shows, ensembles, stand-up, dance, adult shows and family shows.  Most shows are between one and two hours long.  Most are between wonderful and godawful.

Here I am pre-hitting-the-metro.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!