Saturday, August 24, 2013

Comfort Is Good

(don't forget the poll.  It takes five seconds)

I had a picture of Pierce from Zits yesterday, so more Zits just felt right.

Zits bent the gender lines a little tiny bit with these two cartoons from a couple of weeks ago.  Alas, it had a stereotypically unhappy ending.

I pulled the strip from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer* and I follow each with a couple of reader comments.





"More guys out there with elastic waist band jeans from 'Just My Size' and 'Woman Within' than you realize."
"Getting to the place in your life when you don't give a fig what anyone thinks about your personal choices: PRICELESS!"


"If they were that embarrassed he could've worn them around the house and not in public. They look better than sweat pants IMO."
"my peeps tried to shame me into giving up what I liked and I said no. I advise all of you to do as you please when it comes to fashion choices."
and, sadly,
"There are some lines that simply cannot be crossed."
       
Well most of the comments were positive and supportive in the You Go Dad line.  Too bad the family didn't support his right to be comfortable.  Most of us have been there though.

BONUS: And then there's Herb and Jamaal:





* that name always reminds me of Rocky and Bullwinkle which had a newspaper called "The Picayune Intelligence"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!